When it rains it pours

Last month we had a rain storm that seemed like it was never going to end. I watched out the front and back door as the water came closer and closer to the house. It was a little unnerving to say the least! Here are some pictures I took after the rain let up. They don't do justice to the how bad it really looked since the water had receded quite a bit by the time I got out with my camera.


Here is Andrew's new shed and part of our backyard.
Our mailbox in the front yard. Notice how there is no visible street, curb, or sidewalk?
Another shot of the lake in our backyard :)
This is the two houses right next to us.
The water is halfway up the wheels of one of the cars in the driveway.
Again, no street or curbs are visible.


A look down our street.
Luckily the water never made it into the house here, but several houses on our street and right behind us did sustain some water damage. After all was said and done and the thunder stopped I let the kids go out and play in what was left of the lake.

Comments

Arlyn said…
Wow! I'm glad you avoided serious problems! It's been raining a bunch here, but nothing like that. You're an awesome mom to let them go play afterwards!
The Copelands said…
Wow! I had heard about some flooding but hadn't seen any pictures yet--that's crazy! I'm glad you didn't have any damage to your house!
KAT said…
Woah, that would be really unnerving!
angee said…
Wow! Pretty amazing!

Popular posts from this blog

Our Trip to the Fair

Twins in Trouble