Dandy & Elizabeth
Each week one of the students in Elizabeth's preschool gets to bring home Dandy Dog for the weekend. This weekend was Elizabeth's turn. Dandy keeps a journal of the things he does each weekend with the kids and this is his journal entry for this weekend.
I got to spend the weekend with a wonderful blond haired, blue eyed girl, Elizabeth! I had so much fun starting the first night. Instead of going to bed on time, Elizabeth’s mom took us to hear the Montgomery Symphony Orchestra at Broadway Under the Stars. We got to sit in a really neat chair and listen to the music while Elizabeth’s mom kept running after Elizabeth’s twin sisters. I had such a great time I didn’t want to leave!
Friday morning I got to go to the library for story time! There was singing and dancing and I got to do the hokey pokey! Elizabeth and I sat really still and listened while the librarian read two stories about frogs. Next I got to help Elizabeth make a frog puppet out of a paper bag! It was great.
After we left the library I got to go to the park. I was tired so Elizabeth pushed me around in the stroller. I felt like a king! It was really hard not to bark at all the ducks and geese that Elizabeth and her sisters were feeding. I couldn’t figure out why they wouldn’t let me chase them!
But that was ok because I found something even more fun than chasing ducks. Elizabeth pushed me on the swing! I went so high I felt like I could see forever! I loved swinging, except when one of Elizabeth’s sisters walked in front of the swing and I knocked her down. I gave her a big hug and then she was all better
Saturday we had lots of fun. When we first got up we got to watch Saturday Morning Cartoons while Elizabeth’s Mommy made us breakfast. After we ate we spent the day playing Hide-and-Seek, dress up, building really high towers out of blocks (Elizabeth’s sisters kept knocking them down), and watching a movie. The movie we watched had a little curly haired girl in it named Shirley Temple. Elizabeth really enjoys watching her movies. Elizabeth also took this great picture of me sitting in her Dora Chair! Then right before we went to bed a really neat thing happened. Everyone got really excited because Elizabeth’s Daddy came home from work! He is a pilot and flies airplanes so he is gone several days a week. All the girls gave him lots of hugs, and I even got a hug too!
Sunday morning we got up and everyone got dressed in really nice clothes. Elizabeth’s Daddy wore a suit and all the girls wore pretty dresses. We all got in the car and drove to church. I had a really good time learning about Jesus and how to be a good example. Then after church we went home and ate and the whole family played some fun games together. Elizabeth really likes having her Daddy home!

Comments