Potatoes are coming!

For a couple of days last week the Tornado sirens seemed to go off non stop. I explained to the girls a little of what a tornado was and what we would do if one came close to us.

Last night Sarah was trying to explain all of this to her Granddaddy.

Sarah: "Granddaddy there were lots of potatoes this year!"

(Sarah has no concept of time. Year, week, day are all interchangeable to her right now)

Granddaddy: "Potatoes?"

(I mouthed to my dad that Sarah meant Tornados)

G: "Really, what did you do with the Potatoes?"

S: "We had to hide in the hallway when the potatoes were coming."

G: "What's the difference between a Potato and a Tornado?"

(Sarah thought for a moment)

S: "A potato is a fruit!"

(At this point my dad was just laughing)

Comments

Anonymous said…
Too cute!!! I remember those sirens going off just once when we lived there. I was baby-sitting a little boy on Base. It was quite the experience! Sarah is so cute!
Kelly said…
Ahhh... that is so cute.
Christina said…
Now just don't be alarmed if she goes running for the hallway the next time you have potatoes for dinner.
Arlyn said…
That's way cute. My kids can't get potatoes and tomatoes straight. And they live in Idaho!

Popular posts from this blog

Our Trip to the Fair

Twins in Trouble