And the diagnosis is . . .

Friday morning Emily woke up with a fever. By Sat night it got up to 105! Boy was she a sick baby. Sun morning while Andrew took Elizabeth and Sarah to church I took Emily to Primed. Her WBC was high (21) so the doc new it was a bacterial infection and gave her a shot of antibiodics. He didn't run any other tests though so we didn't know where the infection was. (I was kinda frustrated about that) Even with motrin and tylenol she ran a nasty fever the rest of the day. Monday I took Emily to her regular Dr who ran all kinds of tests and discovered my poor baby girl had Pnemonia!!! She got another shot of antibiodics and was put on oral antibiodics for 10 days. Her oxygen level was great so I got to take her home, but I have to take her back in a week for a repeat chest x-ray to make sure the pnemonia is gone. Sarah started running a fever Sunday night so the doctor did a work up on her and found she had elevated WBC too so she was put on antibiodics as well to fight off the infection and keep her from getting as sick as Emily. Today they are both fever free and feeling much better. The only bad thing about them feeling better is that they are getting into everything again. But that's ok, I'll take the tornado twins over sick babies any day of the week!!!

Comments

Arlyn said…
Yikes! Pneumonia in June? I'm glad everyone is feeling better again! When we lived in Las Vegas, we lived at the Dr's office. Then we lived in WA state for 15 months and only saw the dr for check-ups. I miss that state! :)
Nate said…
Glad to hear they are doing better ... Raquelle said this morning was the first time she wanted Nathaniel out of her because he kicked all night long ...
Amber said…
Poor babies! I'm glad they're feeling better!
KAT said…
Sick kids break my heart. I hate seeing my kids sick, I just wish I could fix it, and I can't.
Lanell said…
Emily had a repeat chest x-ray today and she is doing much better!! The pnemonia should be all gone by next week.
KAT said…
good, I'm glad she's on the mend

Popular posts from this blog

Our Trip to the Fair

Twins in Trouble