Firestation Fieldtrip
We went on a trip to the Firestation with a playgroup I am involved with.
They got to see where the firefighters slept (in a bed that folds up into the wall. I think I need a few of those in my house!) and then the alarm sounded and we got to see him jump up and run to get his gear on.
I think it is really important for the kids to see firefighters all dressed in their protective gear and know that they are safe and an ok person to go to. They told us that there are so many kids who are not used to seeing firefighters all dressed up and run and hide under their bed or in a closet in a fire because they are afraid of the firefighters . Joseph wasn't afraid at all and kept trying to get the poor guy to hold him!
I think this might have been the kids favorite part, watching the fireman climb all the way up the ladder. I wanted to climb it, but they wouldn't let me. Something about insurance and libality :)
Comments