Handy Andy

Andrew was well taught by his dad and is able to fix, update, and create wonderful things for our home. He installed all the flooring in our house (carpet, laminate, and tile), put new counter tops in our kitchen, replaced the sink and toilet in the kids bathroom, and countless others.

We have had an old metal shoe rack for many years. It has been in our living room just inside the front door and has held our shoes. Although it has mostly served its purpose, it is old, falls apart, and was becoming an eye sore. I made a comment one day about it and before I knew it Andrew had out his pencil, ruler, and graph paper and started making plans for a new shoe rack.

He decided to make it out of wood with 8 shoe compartments and a section at the top for the diaper bag, back packs, ect. Elizabeth helped with the plans and construction.
The construction was done outside, but when it was time to paint we moved it indoors.
When it came time to paint, Andrew had the patience of Job!! He let all of the kids (and not just ours) help with the painting and they loved every minute of it! I was amazed with all the little helpers how great it turned out.
Here is the finished project complete with all of our shoes.
You did a great job Andrew!!!

Comments

Andrew said…
It was sure fun to make especially with all of the little helpers!
Christina said…
What a great dad and husband! It turned out fabulous.
Arlyn said…
That is beautiful! I want one. I also want a place in my house to put it! Is Andrew that good? ;)
Woodrich Family said…
Wow! That turned out great! We are starting to outgrow our current shoe setup. Too bad LeRoy has no carpentry knowledge or skill. You're lucky.
Andrew, Can I hire you at our house? You did an awesome job the shelf looks fantastic! :) I loved that you allowed the kids to help, that was BRAVE! We love you all lots.

Popular posts from this blog

Our Trip to the Fair

Twins in Trouble