The Plan vs. The Reality

I had such wonderful plans today to celebrate our Nation's Birthday. We were going to go over to a friends for ribs and spend the afternoon and then this evening head down to the river front to watch a water skiing show, listen to a wonderful band play, and then see the spectacular fire works.

Well none of that happened and here's why. I have kids. And as you all know kids have a way of changing your plans for one reason or another. The child responsible for the change in today's plans was Emily. The poor thing spent two hours this morning crying that her tummy hurt. Not just a little complaining, but doubled over laying on the floor screaming with no end in sight. About the time I was beginning to think something might be seriously wrong, the screaming ended and the smell began. That's right, she had nasty loose stools for most of the rest of the day. She wasn't very happy about it, but I made her ware a pull-up instead of her panties because she just couldn't make it to the bathroom. With all of this going on there was no way I was leaving the house.

We still had fun today. The girls colored patriotic pictures and made a collage. Mary Beth came over and took Elizabeth out shopping and to eat lunch. While Elizabeth was away the twins fell asleep on the couch watching a movie, which would have been great for me but Joseph was awake and kept trying to steal their pacifier, blanket, or just hit them in the head. After the napping the girls swam in the little pool we have in the back yard (I made Emily put on a swim diaper.) And after dinner we all cuddled up on the couch and watched fire works on T.V. (All except for Joseph who fell asleep before they started.)

The kids were all dressed in cute red, white, and blue clothes this morning, but I never managed to get a picture. Oh well. Maybe next year :)

Comments

Arlyn said…
Well, shoot! What a way to bring a little disappointment! It sounds like everyone adjusted well, though. I hope Emily is feeling better soon (and that she doesn't share)!
Woodrich Family said…
It is amazing how things can change rapidly when our kids are involved. Life must have been so easy before! I know church sure was! Today wasn't bad though since I only had Rachel. I'm the Primary Pres here. It's hard work and I don't do it nearly as well as I could, but I'm learning. I love the children so much! I know they teach me as much as I try to teach them.

Popular posts from this blog

Our Trip to the Fair

Twins in Trouble