Daniel is here!

I spent most of the afternoon Friday in the hospital being monitored since our little baby wasn't very active that day. He looked great but while I was there I started ctx every 5 min so they watched me for a couple hrs. I was still only 1 cm but with all the ctx my OB wanted to deliver me that night! Andrew was out of town and should have been back around 7pm so once he got home I was suppossed to page my OB and head to the hospital for my c-section. I was in active labor by the time I got to the hosp. My c-section went very well and I am recovering fine. Daniel Howard Wilkin was born on 10/02/09 at 9:37 pm at 7 lb 4.6 oz and his length was 20 inches. Very soon after birth the doctor noticed he was having some trouble breathing and he was put on oxygen. This didn't help as much as they were hoping so he had to be transfered to a different hospital to be put on CPAP. After being on this for several hours his breathing got worse. The short version; after several chest x-rays he was found to have a double pneumothorax and now has 3 chest tubes in place (1 left and 2 right) and he is on a ventilator with 100% oxygen. The Neonatal Doctors in the NICU are very optomistic that he will make a complete recovery, it will just take some time. Here is a picture of Daniel before he started getting hooked up to everything. Isn't he cute :) We can't wait for him to get better so he can come home, but right now are just taking things one day at a time.

Comments

angee said…
Congrats!!! I was totally thinking of you this weekend. I just KNEW this was happening. Seriously. I think I'm a little psycho. :)

We'll keep him in our prayers!
Kelly said…
How many weeks were you when he was born?
Arlyn said…
Congratulations!! I LOVE the name you chose. ;)

I hope everything goes well for little Daniel and he's 100% soon!

Are your kids excited?
Woodrich Family said…
Congratulations! What a cutie!! Glad that he has good doctors watching over him. We'll be praying for his speedy recovery.

Popular posts from this blog

Our Trip to the Fair

Twins in Trouble